- A quick last peek at the Indianapolis Colts vs. San Francisco 49ers tomorrow afternoon from the bay. As announced over the last 2 days, LaRon Landry and Pat Angerer will not play. Angerer continues to miss chunks of time – just as he appeared to be heating up. The Landry injury hurts as well. Expect Delano Howell to see his first action of the year. I would expect others listed as “questionable” to play tomorrow including Antoine Bethea, Cory Redding, Samson Satele and T.Y. Hilton.
- We fully expect Trent Richardson to play on Sunday – the question is, how many plays will he get. I would expect him to get in the neighborhood of 8-12 carries.
- Apparently, San Francisco linebacker Aldon Smith will play tomorrow despite being arrested for suspicion of D.U.I on Friday – this from Mike Wells:
So Aldon Smith was passed out in his truck, leaves burnt rubber marks, arrested and he'll still play Sunday. pic.twitter.com/4uN1X6abTV
— Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNFL) September 21, 2013
Not sure what gives here. I can’t even speculate. Then again, Joe Lefeged will probably start tomorrow. Don’t forget his summer arrest on on five charges including carrying a firearm without a license, having an unregistered firearm, having unregistered ammunition, presence of a firearm in a motor vehicle and possession of an open containerof alcohol. I’m not going to be a hypocrite on this one!
- Former Cleveland Browns President Manager Mike Holmgren enlightened us on some discussions he had with Colts GM Ryan Grigson prior to the 2012 NFL draft. Holmgren was interviewed on 950 KJR-AM in Seattle and said he told Grigson, ”I’ll give you all of our draft picks for the No. 1 pick and I’ll take Luck. I’ll give the whole draft to you.” Obviously, we know what happened. We ended up with Luck AND Trent Richardson. Nice.
- In addition to Da’Rick Rogers promotion to the active roster, the Colts made another move on Thursday by adding WR Danny Coale to the practice squad. Coale is a former Virginia Tech Hokie. A former 5th round draft pick of the Dallas Cowboys, Coale was a 4-year starter at Virginia Tech.
- Chuck Pagano is now 3-4 as an active Colts coach including last year’s playoff loss to Baltimore.