Shop for Indianapolis Colts gear at Fanatics.com

Colts LT Anthony Castonzo Expected Back in 2020 Says Irsay

During a somewhat impromptu and wide-ranging news conference Sunday afternoon at the Colts practice facility, team owner Jim Irsay strongly hinted the Colts’ nine-year starter at left tackle, Anthony Castonzo, will not retire — a possibility Castonzo suggested at the end of the 2019 season — and will return to the Colts for his 10th season, the Indianapolis Star reports.

“I haven’t talked to Anthony personally, but he’s a Pro Bowl left tackle and we want him to come back,” Irsay said. “I think there’s a strong likelihood that he will, but I think Chris will have more on that in the coming weeks. I’m hopeful.”

Last month, Colts coach Frank Reich called Castonzo one of the best left tackles in football.

“I think he should be in there. I don’t even understand (how Castonzo has never made the Pro Bowl).”


Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Colts Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

Leave a Reply